Quadratus plantae myalgia.
Quadratus plantae is the muscle that has a pattern of pain that goes straight to the bottom of the heel. This can occur if it becomes overactive and dysfunctional. Regular self-massage, stretching and any treatment by a musculoskeletal expert are all examples of measures that can help you get rid of myalgia.
Here you can see an illustration by Ted Nissen showing the pain pattern (referenced pain from muscle knot) to the quadratus plantae in an excellent way:
Exercise and movement are good for body and soul:
- Chin-up / pull-up exercise bar can be an excellent exercise tool to have at home. It can be attached and detached from the door frame without the use of a drill or tool.
- Cross-trainer / ellipse machine: Excellent fitness training. Good for promoting movement in the body and exercising overall.
- Grip-cleaning tools can help strengthen relevant hand muscles and thus help to work out muscle dysfunction.
- Rubber exercise knit is an excellent tool for you who need to strengthen the shoulder, arm, core and more. Gentle but effective training.
- Kettlebells is a very effective form of training that produces fast and good results.
- Rowing Machines is one of the best forms of training you can use to get good overall strength.
- Spinning ergometer bike: Good to have at home, so you can increase the amount of exercise throughout the year and get better fitness.
Follow Vondt.net on YOUTUBE
(Follow and comment if you want us to make a video with specific exercises or elaborations for exactly YOUR issues)
Follow Vondt.net on FACEBOOK
(We try to respond to all messages and questions within 24-48 hours. We can also help you interpret MRI responses and the like.)
Foam rolls are in the wind like never before - hence their incredible price growth in the sports shops. Now a foam roller can cost up 500 kroner in certain stores, which is pretty ridiculous considering what you are actually paying for. A foam roller. We have received good feedback on the following foam roll which costs a fraction of the price (at the time of writing it only costs approx. 90 Norwegian kroner as of 28.04.2015 - a real bargain in other words):
- Read more about the foam roller here: BLUE High Density Foam Roller (link opens in new window)