Do you suffer from shoulder pain? Here are 5 Yoga Exercises That Can Help You Increase Shoulder Movement And Reduce Shoulder Pain. Feel free to share with someone with shoulder pain.
Yoga and yoga exercises can be useful when it comes to relaxing in tight muscles and muscles. Most of us sit too much in everyday life and it causes the muscles in the back, hip, back of thighs and seat to become too tight. Regular stretching can be a good measure to counteract stiff muscles and stiff joints. We recommend that these exercises be done together these strength exercises for the neck og shoulders for maximum power.
This yoga position opens up the shoulder position, stretches the muscles and activates the shoulder and neck in a good way. It is a relatively advanced exercise that may require some training before you get it done optimally. Hold the position for 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side. 2-3 sets.
A yoga position that stretches the entire back from the lower part all the way up to the transition to the neck - muscles that we all know can be difficult to stretch in a good way. It stretches and gives more flexibility to both the lower and upper back. Stand on your knees and let your body fall forward with outstretched arms as shown in the picture - make sure you do this in a controlled, calm motion. Find the position where it stretches easily and hold for 30 seconds before repeating over 3-4 sets.
This yoga position opens up the chest, stretches the abdominal muscles and activates the back in a good way. Start by lying flat on the floor with your palms down the floor approximately in the middle of the ribs. Then pull your legs together and press the top of your feet pressed against the floor - at the same time use the force from your back, not your hands, to lift your chest off the floor - you should feel that it stretches slightly in the back - make sure you do not take in too much . Keep your legs straight and hold the position for 5 to 10 deep breaths. Repeat as many times as you think is necessary.
This sitting yoga position provides increased flexibility and movement in the spine and back muscles - also generally recommended for the entire back. It can be a demanding exercise, so do not try this if you do not feel comfortable with the other exercises in the article. Take a deep breath and turn calmly to the side - do not jerk, but rather move very calmly to the side. Hold the position for 7-8 deep breaths and then repeat on the other side.
5. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward dog position)
Stand on all fours and then raise the seat slowly to the ceiling - until you reach the illustrated position. Hold the position for about 30-60 seconds (or as long as you can) and then slowly lower yourself to the ground again. The exercise activates the right structures and muscles around the shoulders in a good way. Repeat over 4-5 sets.
These are fine yoga exercises that should preferably be done daily for maximum effect - but we know that hectic weekdays do not always allow this, so we accept even if you get it done every other day.
How often should I do the exercises?
It all depends on you. Find out what works for you in the beginning and build slowly but surely going forward. Remember that exercise can lead to tenderness in the beginning, as you actually gradually break down damaged areas (damaged tissue and scar tissue) and replace it with healthy, functional soft tissue. This can be a time consuming but very rewarding process. If you have a diagnosis, we ask you to ask your clinician if these exercises can be beneficial for you - possibly try yourself very carefully. We otherwise encourage you to be on the move and to go hiking in rough terrain if possible. We also encourage you to check out these strength exercises for the hips.
Feel free to share these exercises with colleagues, friends and acquaintances. If you would like the exercises sent as a document with repetitions and the like, we ask you like and get in touch via get Facebook page here (in Danish). If you have any questions, just give it a go Contact us or comment directly in one of our relevant articles for your issue.
NEXT PAGE: - Shoulder pain? You should know this!
What can I do even against pain in muscles, nerves and joints?
1. General exercise, specific exercise, stretching and activity are recommended, but stay within the pain limit. Two walks a day of 20-40 minutes make good for the whole body and sore muscles.
2. Trigger point / massage balls we strongly recommend - they come in different sizes so you can hit well even on all parts of the body. There is no better self help than this! We recommend the following (click the image below) - which is a complete set of 5 trigger point / massage balls in different sizes:
3. Training: Specific training with training tricks of various opponents (such as this complete set of 6 knits of different resistance) can help you train strength and function. Knit training often involves more specific training, which in turn can lead to more effective injury prevention and pain reduction.
4. Pain Relief - Cooling: Biofreeze is a natural product that can relieve pain by cooling the area gently. Cooling is especially recommended when the pain is very severe. When they have calmed down then heat treatment is recommended - it is therefore advisable to have both cooling and heating available.
5. Pain Relief - Heating: Warming up tight muscles can increase blood circulation and reduce pain. We recommend the following reusable hot / cold gasket (click here to read more about it) - which can be used both for cooling (can be frozen) and for heating (can be heated in the microwave).
6. Prevention and healing: Compression noise like that like this can increase blood circulation to the affected area, thereby speeding up the natural healing of injured or worn muscles and tendons.
Recommended products for pain relief in pain
Biofreeze (Cold / cryotherapy)
ALSO TRY: - 5 Good Exercises Against Bad Shoulders
DID YOU KNOW: - Cold treatment can give pain relief to sore joints and muscles? Blue. Biofreeze (you can order it here), which consists mainly of natural products, is a popular product. Contact us today via our Facebook page if you need other recommendations tailored for you.
POPULAR ARTICLE: - New Alzheimer's treatment restores full memory function!
- Do you want more information or have questions? Ask qualified health care professionals directly through ours Facebook Page.
VONDT.net - Please invite your friends to like our site:
We are one free service where Ola and Kari Nordmann can get answers to their questions via our free inquiry service about musculoskeletal health problems - completely anonymous if they want to.
Please support our work by following us and sharing our articles on social media:
- Please follow Vondt.net on YOUTUBE
(Follow and comment if you want us to make a video with specific exercises or elaborations for exactly YOUR issues)
- Please follow Vondt.net on FACEBOOK
(We attempt to respond to all messages and questions within 24 hours. You choose whether you want answers from a chiropractor, animal chiropractor, physiotherapist, physical therapist with continuing education in therapy, physician or nurse. We can also help you tell you which exercises that fits your problem, help you find recommended therapists, interpret MRI answers and similar issues. Contact us today for a friendly call)
Images: Wikimedia Commons 2.0, Creative Commons, Freestockphotos and submitted reader contributions / images.